The Group Commander of Presidential Security Group COLONEL JESUS P DURANTE III PA (GSC), who underwent COVID-19 testing along with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte and Senator Christopher Lawrence Go last 12 March 2020, tested NEGATIVE based on the result released by the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
The test was only one of PSG’s measures to ensure the entire Filipino nation that the good health condition of the President is safeguarded at all times, especially that COL DURANTE is PRRD’s head of security. Along with it, several measures are being implemented by PSG to protect PRRD and the first family from COVID-19 through the creation of PSG Task Force COVID-19.
The TF plans, implements, and meticulously assesses preventive measures against infection among PSG personnel and dependents, Malacañang employees, other concerned parties, and ultimately, PRRD and the first family. These are the measures being implemented so far:
- No-Touch Policy to PRRD is strictly enforced. In large events, at least 10-meter distance from the audience shall be maintained.
- For private functions or meetings, only those who were tested and found negative from COVID-19 will be allowed to be near PRRD, while those not tested shall maintain at least 6-feet or 2-meter distance from him.
- Implementation of action plans in accordance with the guidelines of the community quarantine and Code Red Sublevel 2.
- Collaboration with DOH and other concerned government agencies for real time updates as basis for new guidelines and action plan
- Organized medical teams and established quarantine sites within Malacañang Complex
- Regularly conducts information drive to all PSG personnel and their dependents *Regularly conducts sanitation and disinfection of PSG compound and Malacañang Complex to include its neighboring buildings and facilities.
- Implements stringent security protocols for proper disposition and monitoring of all PSG personnel and their dependents and to those entering Malacañang Complex.
- Personnel posted as guards are required to wear surgical face mask. They are tasked to conduct temperature check to all the people going inside the Malacañang Complex.
- All those going in and out Malacañang Complex are required to accomplish a declaration form.
- Optimize media platforms (TV, radio, internet, messaging, print and ads) to convey to the public of PSG’s security measures to protect the President and his family from COVID-19.